Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boxing Day Fun

Happy Boxing Day!  American’s don’t observe Boxing Day and I still don’t fully understand this holiday, but Jonathon and I celebrated our own version.  We were surrounded by boxes from our sea shipment!  It is nice to have familiar items to make our place feel more like home.  Now we just have to find closet space for all our comforting treasures.   
 
 
Christmas Eve we went and saw The Hobbit at the IMAX.  I can’t believe that I’m actually admitting that I enjoyed a three hour movie where I wore snorkel goggles, but it was a great film and now I want to read the book again.  This photo is proof that we might be related to Urkel.    
 
We don’t have a fireplace, so instead our stockings were hung on the staircase with care.   
 
 
Christmas morning we had a special breakfast including some bacon.  Then we opened some awesome presents.  My family thinks that I deprive Jonathon of that gross yellow stuff, so they sent him a lifetime supply.
 
 
The Holmes family knows me too well and sent me some much needed running shoes.  See how worn out my old shoe is on the left compared to the beautiful new shoe on the right.  I refused to take off my new shoes, so taking this picture was interesting.  I would have added a picture of me running, but I’m so fast that I show up as a blur in photos.  (As if.)
 
 
 After presents we got busy cooking for our Christmas feast.  Jonathon cooked the turkey and gravy and I covered the mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and apple crisp.  The vegetables were not invited to our carb fest.  Okay maybe someone else brought the greens.  Anyway, you have to trust me that it was a lovely dinner, because I was too busy shoveling food down my throat to take any pictures.  We had 10 people around the table and I made mashed potatoes for at least 40 people.  I wish I was joking.  I am going to be sick for the next week from eating too many potatoes trying to save my pride.  There is no way any of those fluffy friends are going in the trash, that would give Jonathon the right to tease me until next Christmas.  Again, I have a fear of running out of food.  The Stockton gang understands.
 
It was fun to have a house full on Christmas and to celebrate with others.  We felt very loved by all the cards and emails from everyone back in the States.  We are glad to have each of you in our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment