Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jokes and Shiny Metal

Last week was a short post because I did some Insanity video workouts with Jonathon and my arms were too sore to type.  That is also why there weren’t any pictures of me.  If my arms were too sore to type, then you better believe I wasn’t brushing my hair.  You should be thankful that you didn’t have to see me in person.
 
 
 
 
Work = Crazy.  Our platform is currently in a planned shutdown.  Facilities need to take shutdowns to complete maintenance, but that means we aren’t making any oil.  We want to complete the maintenance as quickly as possible so we can start producing oil again.  That really means that work is crazy busy.  You can expect more grammatical errors and typos than normal for the next couple of posts.  Sleep is lacking.
 
Before shutdown craziness, we enjoyed some Chris Tucker’s humor. It was interesting to observe what jokes were funny to different nationalities.  Chris did some jokes about dating and being broke that didn’t get many laughs from the Qataris.  (In Qatar, typically your family picks your husband/wife.)  But, apparently cop jokes are universal.
 
Trouble



 
We also visited the immigration department to get our magical e-gate passes.  These passes allow us to bypass the normal immigration process when exiting and entering Qatar.  Now, we just get our fingerprints scanned by a shiny machine instead of speaking to real people.  Three cheers for less time spent in lines.  Getting the passes was interested.  I pretty much got my fingerprints scanned and then was told to sit in the ladies waiting section while Jonathon filled out the paperwork and paid.  I actually got in trouble for waiting in line with Jonathon and was redirected to the ladies waiting section until all business was final.  Trouble maker right here.
 
 
 
 
I got to unwind with a run in the park this weekend, which lead me to discovering some spaceship restrooms.  After you used the bathroom it automatically cleaned itself.  I need one of these at my house.  Jealous.
That's all for now folks.

1 comment:

  1. I NEED one, no four, of those bathrooms! Ship some home!

    ReplyDelete