Thursday, May 9, 2013

Career Change

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas in our lives.  We are extremely blessed to have wonderful mothers and to know so many great women who have treated us like their own children.  It takes a village to raise these two crazy cats, and we are slowly advancing toward adulthood.

This week I was offshore, but on an island.  I can handle being offshore when it includes solid ground under my feet and not feeling the motion of the ocean.  The island hosts about 1,000 workers and I would be the one and only female.  Usually this isn't a big deal, except there is a fabulous gym here that I can't use.  Whatever, I had a party with Jillian Michaels in my room.  Whatever = sadness

To keep my mind off how much I miss my husband (I'm testing if he actually reads the blog or not), I thought I would let you in on a little secret of ours.  A lot of people have asked what we have been up to lately.  Our weeks mostly consist of work and our weekends are dedicated to our new goal.  New life plan: become professional wakeboarders.  This new plan is taking up a lot of our weekend time.  It is quite enjoyable. 
Jonathon is wakeboarding in front of one of the Emir’s palaces.  I’m cruisin in front of downtown Doha (West Bay).  Come visit and let us know if you think we are tour worthy.

I have added a little excitement to my work week.  About a month ago, I started attending an Arabic class during my lunch break.  I'm not guaranteeing any level of proficiency, but when in Doha why not learn Arabic.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you mothers get some special treatment.  Everyone reading who sees my mama or my mama-in-law better treat them like queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment