Thursday, July 11, 2013

Arctic Party

I searched high and low, but I finally found where we stashed our hats and gloves.  We haven't needed winter gear in Doha, but they are in the suitcase now because we are headed to Iceland tomorrow!  Just image me with a ridiculously large smile.  I am excited to be outside without instant pit stains and super glad to be seeing my parents soon.  Prepare yourself for beautiful pictures and me realizing that I'm now a weather wimp.


The first few days of Ramadan have been lovely.  Muslims work from 8am to 1pm, but we still work normal hours.  Although, the traffic is much lighter during our commute.  (I know I'm getting old because this makes me way too excited.)  The office is moving slower than normal, which I appreciate at the moment.  Not too much has changed for us.  We usually eat our breakfast at work, so we need to get up a little earlier to eat in the privacy of our kitchen.  For lunch, we head to the cafeteria to eat with the rest of the foreigners.  It is like middle school all over again.  I'm just waiting for the food fight.  I must be turning British, because I am missing my afternoon tea time, but so far we are enjoying Ramadan.

Happy anniversary Nate and Megan.  We hope everything is twice as nice on your two year anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment