Thursday, September 12, 2013

And We Ate

We shawarmaed this week, and we shawarmed hard.  Don't look it up, just true me.  Shawarmed is (not) a word.



We have friends moving in a month, so we are embarking on a serious mission.  They must show us all their favorite restaurants in Doha with limited time.  We must eat delicious meal after delicious meal.  We have accepted this task with honor.

We are still not skilled consumers of Arabic food.  This confession saddens me, but I cannot tell the difference between Turkish, Armenian, Lebanese, and/or Gulf food.  In 11 months, all I have observed is that the hummus has a different consistency.  The only solution is to eat it ALL.

Jonathon discovered a Mexican buffet and we counted down the hours on Tuesday until our bellies were full of beans, tacos, and scrumptious guacamole.  When we get to Houston, no fajitas will be safe.  Not only did the restaurant have endless chips and salsa, it was super classy and the decor made us feel right at home.  One of us was more excited to take an awkward photo than the other.



Happy birthday Nancy!  We hope you have an amazing birthday full of smiles.  

Happy birthday to a outstanding guy and my ace brother.  Nate, I am very proud to have you as my brother.  We will be rejoicing in your honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment