Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dhow town

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving everyone.  We are extremely thankful for each and every one of you.  We appreciate that you take the time to check out the blog.  It helps us stay connected and feel closer.  

This week we got a little educational.  To fully embrace our Arabic surroundings, we attended the dhow festival.  Before oil and gas, the main industry in Doha was pearl diving.  This was accomplished using wooden, sailing boats called dhows.  Now we kindly present our photographic proof to you and anyone else who can navigate the internet.


 


In more breaking news, our local paper has an article highlighting a recent trend to have cheetahs, tigers, and lions as house pets.  I will be more careful now accepting invitations to dinner parties.
http://dohanews.co/columnist-gulf-wide-practice-of-owning-exotic-pets-is-not-cool/

Surprising nobody, I ran again.  To make it even better, my boss' boss documented that my face can turn the same color as my shirt.


Happy anniversary Jared and Kaleigh.  I love how much fun you have with each other.  You make going to the grocery store an adventure.  

Happy anniversary Greg and Mandy.  You have taught me so much about unconditional love and when to make sacrifices.  

Happy birthday Meghan.  Thank you for agreeing to live with a stranger.

1 comment: