Thursday, April 16, 2015

Doha Downer

Hi there.  I didn't mean to disappear.  I have just been enjoying being lazy.  

This blog is like a reality TV show.  I have one post a week and get to portray that week however I want.  I like to be positive because who wants to read my complaining, but I am not feeling Doha this week.  I have said it before, but living as an expat is a roller coaster ride.  And the oldest ride in the entire park where the safety bar isn't quite snug so you get jerked around a lot and you have a kink in your neck for the next week.  

It hit 100 degrees last week and I am already over it.  So all you people whining about snow, just stop and make a snowball in my honor.  I need to put my big kid pants on or this is going to be a LONG summer.

My life is a trade-off.  I get to travel to amazing places, but I live in a logic free zone.  I am constantly outside of my comfort zone which has made me grow and learn tremendously, but this week I just want to go to the movies and watch an uncensored film while eating Thin Mints.  In the States, you can't go to the grocery store without getting accosted by a Girl Scout and here I can't get a single samoa coconut flake.  

I know I made the choice to live here, but this week I don't want to be missing family events and sweating profusely.  The good thing about the expat roller coaster is that a high part always comes after a low!

No comments:

Post a Comment