Thursday, June 11, 2015

Summer Funner

We are back in Doha and have conquered jet leg.  

Now it is time to say 'see you later' to friends as many people are escaping the heat and Ramadan for the summer.  (Goodbye is a strange word for expats.  We say it too often.) 

Ramadan will start next week:
"During the 29-30 days of Ramadan, the holiest month in the Islamic calendar, observant Muslims fast from dawn to sunset...It’s illegal in Qatar to consume food, drink beverages or chew gum in public spaces during Ramadan, and violators can be fined for doing so (though usually they’re just warned)." 

Learn more:
http://dohanews.co/eight-things-to-know-about-ramadan-in-qatar-2015-edition/

This is our third summer to see the town empty after kids get out of school.  The first year I was proud to be a weather warrior and remain in the desert to experience Ramadan.  This year I'm terrified because I'm already super jealous of everyone leaving.  This is going to be a long summer.  Joy.

To keep our spirits high, we started planning some fun events and getaways.  So please keep reading the blog.  I promise not to complain about the heat too much.


Happy birthday Tami.  I hope you have a wonderful birthday and feel super special.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, friend. I had a lovely weekend with my family.

    ReplyDelete