Monday, January 21, 2013

Payback

It is payback time.  While we were in Houston I got to travel internationally with work and now the tables have turned.  This morning Jonathon hopped on a plane headed to London and left me in the dust.  I know it is a work trip, but I am still jealous.  He will be back in time though to celebrate his birthday on Sunday (hint, hint).

This post is short and sweet (because there is a picture of chocolate).  We were busy this weekend, which wasn’t a bad thing.  We had our routine game night and softball game, but added a few new social events.  Being popular is exhausting.
I was shocked myself, but it was actually pretty chilly here the beginning of last week.  It was 54 deg F.  Don't trust the date the car says.
 
 
 
Friday we met some friends at a brunch.  Brunches are very popular here.  All the hotels have a Friday brunch that is all you can eat (and drink) for three hours.  Some people were warriors and really made every minute count.  We were newbies and still need to tweak our strategies.  I ate way too much. 
 
 
We went to the Hyatt and the brunch was served a short walk from the beach. 
 
 
 
 
 
I was extra impressed that they had a milk chocolate AND white chocolate fountain.  I should have spent the entire time at these beauties.  Jonathon was too busy getting a sugar high to look at the camera.
 
Saturday we attended a cooking demonstration and then got to eat the meal we just learned to cook.  We learned to make sweet and sour pawns and caramelized duck.  We wear fancy pants now.

Happy belated birthday to Grandpa Lyle!  We thought about you lots and hope you had a great day.  Happy early birthday Mike!  Badger where?

No comments:

Post a Comment