Saturday, January 5, 2013

Playing in the Sand

Happy early birthday Mandy!  You are amazing and I hope you never forget it.  Thank you for making me a better person.
 
This week I had a meeting in another company's office building.  These camel bones were in someone's office there.  They were pretty massive.  The bone owner offered to take my photo without me asking.  I think I have a new blogger friend! 
 
 
And yes, this is what I wear to the office.  I don't like to show too much shape, so I no longer tuck in my shirts.  I call it sloppy chic.  It is pretty amazing because I haven't worn a belt in months. 
 
Last night I went with a friend to see Les Miserables while Jonathon played cards with the men.  I spent two and a half hours wanting to punch Russell Crowe and extremely jealous of Amanda Seyfried's angel voice.  I still don't understand how Anne Hathaway can look so beautiful with a buzzed head and covered in dirt.  Wow, that was a really random paragraph, but I am too tired to do anything about it.
 
This morning we piled into the car to head to the Inland Sea.  We drove an hour south (to point B on the map) and then another hour of off-roading.
 
 

We finally found sand dunes.  Although, the sand got the better of us and we spend an hour digging one of the vehicles out of the sand.  Don't worry, we were smart and had two vehicles, shovels, and a tow strap.   


After all that digging we gave up on getting to the Inland Sea and just headed to the beach (point C on the map).
 







In the background of this photo you can see a hill in Saudi Arabia.

 
We did some shell collecting at the beach.  Engineers collect their shells in baggies and then document it.  I couldn't risk taking my treasures out of the bag even for the picture. 
 

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you guys are doing wonderfully Kels! The area is beautiful. Tell Jonathon I said Hi!
    Love,
    Megan Sexton

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two really get around and have grand and fun adventures while "playing nice"! Wish all Americans in other countries were as considerate and interested in their host citizens and countries. Look forward to having you back though and some great PEO programs!

    ReplyDelete