Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Al Rayyan Village

Al Rayyan Village is a corporate housing complex for expats with about 300 homes.  There is a big gate with security guards when you enter the complex, but when you get inside it is very welcoming.  Tonight there were kids riding their bikes up and down the block and our neighbors let me know about the Halloween celebration so I could be ready for trick-or-treaters.  Kids are cute and all, but I'm really excited about the club house though.

The club house has a shaded playground for the kids, a small grocery store to pick up last minute eggs and milk, a coffee shop, a basketball court, squash court, tennis court, a game room with pool tables, aerobics room, a gym, swimming pool, and my favorite room- the library.

The library was a very pleasant surprise.  I think that the library and I will be good friends for these three years.

My other new friend is the beautiful gym.  It is hard to come up with excuses to not workout when all this equipment is a two minute walk away.  I was excited to see that the weights are in lbs (not kg) and the treadmill reports in miles (not km).  It is hard to convert and workout at the same time.


I had an interesting view while I was on the treadmill tonight and it made me think of you guys, Mom and Dad.  There is AstroTurf in the gym.  That doesn't make AstroTurf in the frontyard seem so funny.  I guess when you live in a desert you forget where grass grows.
  

3 comments:

  1. You have great accommodations. Did you read 'Gone Girl'? It is a must. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tami. Thanks for reading the blog. I'm about half way through Gone Girl. You will have to let me know what everyone at book club thinks about the book. Miss you. Tell all the ladies I say hello.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete