Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Corniche

In honor of all the people running the Houston Half Marathon today, I ran outside this morning.  The view was beautiful and the weather was hot, but the thought of Ashley running 13.1 miles kept me moving.

 I ran on the Corniche, which is a popular path along the Doha Bay.  There were many walker, joggers, and fishermen out this morning.  I was fascinated with the old style fishing boats.

Corniche on the Doha Bay
I discovered the Corniche yesterday when I went to the Museum of Islamic Art with the Doha crew.  The museum is located at one end of the Corniche on a man made peninsula.  The museum is beautiful and large, we only made it through half the exhibits.  Although, the museum is free to the public so we were able to take our time knowing we can make a trip back.

The sun rises early here, about 5:30am, and sets early, 5pm.  We were able to watch the sunset from the museum.  Later on in the evening we got to watch fireworks from an Eid holiday celebrate.  Another good day in Doha.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful building the museum is and the bay seems so calm and relaxing. I am so glad you got to run. Thanks for sharing. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete