Friday, October 19, 2012

The Adventure Continues

I am still learning about the house.  I was having a hard time understanding why the shower was only luke warm in such a hot climate.  Then, I discovered that the water heater switch needs to flip on.  I am embarrassed to admit that it took me more than one shower to figure this out.

Tricky House
Last night I went to dinner with some co-workers at The Square located in the Intercontinental Hotel in the West Bay area.  I was very impressed with the crystal chandelier and decided that you all needed to enjoy it as well.  My birthday is in July if anybody would like to get me an identical piece of art.

The Square has four different buffets with lots of options from different parts of the world, but after seeing the dessert room it was hard to concentrate on the main course.  There was an entire room dedicated to sugary treats.  They really show dessert the respect it deserves.  Since most of these desserts are new to me, I had to taste test multiple treats.  (Meghan, unfortunately frosting was not included as a dessert option.)  
Sugar Sculpture






















My work week is Sunday through Thursday, so today is the first day of my weekend.  It will take some time before a meeting planned on Sunday doesn't catch me off guard.  Happy Birthday Kaleigh!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have room for this artwork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? Do they have a suggestion box you could leave a request in? Or I could just mail you a dozen or so containers of frosting. Would that be enough for 6 weeks? America misses you!

    ReplyDelete