Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Almost Back to Reality

Today is the last day of my holiday break, so tomorrow I go back to work and say goodbye to this view.  (That would be correct, the pool has a shade cover over it.)

The heat must be getting to me, because I completely forgot to tell you about my favorite part of the souq.  There was a bread maker who I really want to become a new best friend of mine.  He would take a ball of dough, roll it out, and then stick it to the ceiling of a wood fire oven where it would cook.  You bought the bread right out of the oven when it was still warm and delicious.  I have been fantasising about returning to the souq and indulging in more bread. 


I got to explore Doha during the break while the traffic was tame.  I just saw the outside of lots of buildings and started to get acclimated to the area.  Doha has a lot of original buildings.  The Emir has a palace down by the Corniche.  It is huge and I can only image what the inside look like.  I am still working on getting an invitation to dinner.  The palace is two building fused together.  Apparently one building is to live in and the other one is to work in.  It is also surrounded by green grass, something rare in Doha.


There is also a beautiful mosque located near the souq. 


The city of Doha wraps around Doha Bay.  At one end of the bay is the West Bay area and the other end has the airport and my work building.  Here are the West Bay lights from the other end of the bay.  I love seeing the reflection of the lights in the water.


I better get back to dreaming about more pita bread and being lazy.  In two days it is November and that is the month when Jonathon comes!

1 comment:

  1. Where is the pool? I love the feet. And I am so excited about the bread. I know how much you love bread!

    ReplyDelete